Join the fastest growing media brand in life sciences!
The leading B2B multichannel media brand in biotech is seeking a creative, innovative, and energetic Editor-in-Chief (EIC) to join its dynamic team to lead the Inside Precision Medicine (formerly Clinical OMICs) portfolio within the GEN (Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News) franchise.
In this role, you will lead the editorial voice of the portfolio, establish the editorial vision, and develop a strong network of contributing writers to ensure the highest quality coverage in the market.
The EIC of Inside Precision Medicine – is responsible for setting the editorial vision and production of a premium publication, including a bimonthly print magazine, website, newsletters, and various digital events. The EIC is responsible for identifying and publishing innovative, engaging content ranging from features and analysis in the magazine to daily news on the publication website, as well as a flourishing newsletter program.
The EIC leads the editorial voice of the Inside Precision Medicine portfolio, developing a strong network of contributing writers to produce exclusive and/or authoritative reporting for all aspects of the program, overseeing daily website article coverage, and managing editorial workflows to ensure highest quality coverage in the market. She/he will also play a prominent part in developing digital content, including video programs, virtual events, podcasts and more. Under his/her leadership, Inside Precision Medicine will grow and establish itself as an essential resource for the precision medicine community, including geneticists, physicians, digital pathologists, genetic counselors, and healthcare providers.
· Develop the editorial vision (Aims/Scope/Unique Value proposition) along with Editorial voice for the Inside Precision Medicine portfolio
· Spearhead analysis and ensure that Inside Precision Medicine delivers compelling value to readers and appeal to advertisers
· Secure a strong network of talented and experienced science writers to contribute high impact stories to the magazine, website, and newsletter program
· Develop a competitive editorial calendar to secure market share
· Develop a strong Editorial Advisory Board and key influencers to support and give useful advice to grow the brand
· Support readership development and growth targets in conjunction with Audience Director and Brand Manager
· Oversee and support custom content development and lead generation projects
· Support sales representatives and sales management to achieve targeted growth goals
· Support P/L performance of the Inside Precision Medicine brand alongside Commercial Director
· Work in close coordination with editorial leadership (EIC/Managing Editor) of GEN as well as the journals’ Editorial Director to share editorial best practice and content development strategy
· Strong experience in B2B editorial and content management
· Excellent communicator – oral and written
· Ability to manage high volume of work and tight deadlines
· Experience with social media – both as a source for content and community engagement
· Experience with multimedia content formats – particularly video, webinars
· Relevant college degree required
· Strong editorial experience in editorial production, reporting and storytelling in a relevant aspect of personalized medicine, both print and digital
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in editorial leadership.
· An opportunity to grow with an evolving, dynamic, and successful organization
· Competitive compensation, including a comprehensive benefits program (medical, FSA, dental, vision, 401k with match, short-term disability, and voluntary coverages such as long-term disability, life insurance, accident, and critical illness)
Interested candidates are encouraged to reply with a cover letter and resume.