We are looking for a dynamic individual with editorial and publishing expertise to fill a leadership role at Cell Metabolism.
Cell Metabolism is part of Cell Press translational suite of journals focusing on metabolic research, from basic discoveries to clinical trials. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and further develop a highly respected journal and shape publishing innovations at Cell Press.
As the Editor-in-Chief of Cell Metabolism, you will assume overall responsibility for determining the journal’s scientific scope and strategic editorial direction, including the quality and quantity of original articles published in the journal. You will manage and mentor the journal’s editorial team of three professional scientific editors and develop and foster partnerships with other editorial teams and departments at Cell Press. You will also have the opportunity to make significant contributions to the overall publishing strategy of Cell Press. This position will require international travel to scientific conferences and other meetings to build a broad network of contacts for the journal.
The position is based in Cambridge, MA, where the Cell Press offices are located, and will report to an Executive Editor at Cell Press.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing on an overall competitive strategy for Cell Metabolism
- Managing the journal’s editorial team and interactions with other Cell Press departments, such as Production, Marketing, Social media, Advertising and Web
- Contributing to and overseeing Cell Metabolism’s manuscript workflow editorial practices, paper recruitment and front matter development
- Developing deep networks within the communities served by the journal
- Liaising with other Cell Press editorial teams on transfers and projects
The qualified candidate is expected to have:
- A Ph.D. or M.D. in the life sciences; metabolic research expertise preferred
- Relevant fellowship/postdoctoral experience
- 5+ years of editorial experience
- Broad interest across the full spectrum of biology
- Project and/or people management skills; previous management experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interest in engaging with the scientific community
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent medical, dental and 401K benefits
- Opportunity to advance within the organization among many divisions (worldwide)
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your motivations for being interested in the job. We will consider applications on a rolling basis until August 30, 2019.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray’s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.