“Lead the way in advancing science, technology and health.”
EClinicalMedicine Senior Editor
Who are we?
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that help you make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries in science, health, and technology. We serve researchers, professionals, and clinicians, through the application of technology and analytics to content, empowering them to create knowledge, contribute to social progress, and enhance human well being. We are delivering next-generation professional information solutions and technology to our broad client base – and we need a team of exceptional sales leaders and professionals to join us on the journey.
Elsevier publish over 2,500 journals and more than 33,000 book titles, and provide web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Evolve, Knovel, Reaxys and ClinicalKey.
About this role
The role of Senior Editor on this new and expanding journal presents a fast-paced and exciting opportunity to develop in the world of medical publishing. The key responsibilities of the role are to help oversee submissions, quality peer review, and publication of high quality, novel research by clinicians and clinical researchers across the medical continuum. Equally, developing and maintaining strong links with authors and readers is a key component of the role.
Attendance of conferences, relevant meetings, and laboratory and institute visits will form a key component of this position to promote the journal and identify future content. Further, the role presents opportunities for the writing of editorials, other journal content, and social media posts on timely topics relevant to the various communities served by the journal.
EClinicalMedicine is an open access journal published as part of The Lancet group of journals and, as such, an important part of the job will involve liaising with editorial teams across the various speciality journals and the ancillary departments (production, marketing, etc) to ensure smooth running of the journal. Involvement in strategy and development of journal processes may also be a component of the role. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a developing journal, published by one of world’s leading medical titles, covering a wide range of subject areas, serving many communities.
Your responsibilities will include:
• assessing submitted research papers across all areas of EClinicalMedicine research
• selecting and collaborating with referees
• recruiting exciting papers within the scientific scope of the journal
• commissioning and editing Commentaries and Reviews
• writing topical Editorials
• regular travel, both domestic and overseas, to scientific conferences and research institutions
• A strong interest in advancing EClinicalMedicine’s mission of facilitating communication between basic and clinical researchers
• A Ph.D. and/or M.D. with a research background in any area of Clinical Medicine science
• Postdoctoral and/or editorial experience (not required but would be an advantage)
• Ability to think critically about a wide range of scientific, clinical medical, and translational research issues
• Strong communication skills
• Interest in engaging with the scientific and clinical research communities
• Talent for distilling complex concepts and communicating them clearly
• The ability to work well in diverse team settings