“Lead the way in advancing science, technology and health.”
EBioMedicine Senior Editor
Who are we?
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that help you make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries in science, health, and technology. We serve researchers, professionals, and clinicians, through the application of technology and analytics to content, empowering them to create knowledge, contribute to social progress, and enhance human well being. We are delivering next-generation professional information solutions and technology to our broad client base – and we need a team of exceptional sales leaders and professionals to join us on the journey.
Elsevier publish over 2,500 journals and more than 33,000 book titles, and provide web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Evolve, Knovel, Reaxys and ClinicalKey.
About this role
We are looking for a biomedical research scientist and/or research clinician to join the EBioMedicine editorial team as a full-time, in-house, scientific editor. As a member of our international team, you would be responsible for a broad range of contributions to the journal, including recruiting exciting studies; reading and evaluating submitted research papers; selecting and collaborating with referees; identifying timely, emerging topics to commission for review articles; writing editorials on specific biomedical topics that align with the mission of EBioMedicine; and promotion of our content online and through social media. Attendance of conferences, relevant meetings, and laboratory and institute visits will form a key component of this position to promote the journal and identify future content
This is an exciting opportunity to be engaged in shaping and guiding the leading edge of biomedical and translational research, as well as an opportunity to facilitate the process of scientific discourse and communication between both basic and clinical researchers. This full-time position is based in Beijing, China.
Your responsibilities will include:
- assessing submitted research papers across all areas of biomedical research
- selecting and collaborating with referees
- recruiting exciting papers within the scientific scope of the journal
- commissioning and editing Commentaries and Reviews
- writing topical Editorials
- regular travel, both domestic and overseas, to scientific conferences and research institutions
- A strong interest in advancing EBioMedicine’s mission of facilitating communication between basic and clinical researchers
- A Ph.D. and/or M.D. with a research background in any area of biomedical science
- Postdoctoral experience (not required but would be an advantage)
- Editorial experience is required
- Ability to think critically about a wide range of scientific, biomedical, and translational research issues
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in engaging with the scientific and clinical research communities
- Talent for distilling complex concepts and communicating them clearly
- The ability to work well in diverse team settings