Start Date: Immediate preferred
Salary: Competitive compensation package including share options, subject to experience
Closing Date: 20th December 2019
Healx is a fast growing Cambridge, UK startup combining computational methods and drug discovery expertise to identify existing drugs that may treat rare diseases, enabling treatments to be found at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional drug discovery. There are over 7,000 rare diseases that affect an estimated 350 million people worldwide, most of which lack effective treatment. Working closely with patient groups and charities to understand clinical unmet need we have a growing portfolio of treatments derived from our AI platform which are now moving into clinical evaluation.
We’re now looking to expand our team by incorporating further breadth in key drug discovery disciplines. As a talented drug discovery scientist, you will lead the identification and clinical translation of drug repurposing candidates in the rare disease space. Through the use of your experience in medicinal chemistry, DMPK and pharmacology you will evaluate predictions made by the AI platform and select potential treatments for clinical translation.
- Lead the translation of drug candidates to preclinical /clinical stages, providing in vitro / in vivo study design input
- Analyse and filter results from Healx’ predictive methods and establish a pharmacological rationale for potential drug repurposing candidates
- Evaluate the appropriateness of drug properties (e.g. DMPK) of repurposing candidates
- Work with bioinformaticians and software engineers developing algorithmic methods and tools, provide drug discovery expert input for new developments
- Compile reports including chemical, biochemical, pharmacological, pharmaceutical, pharmacokinetic etc. for regulatory packages for candidate drugs
- Interact with charities and partners on drug discovery matters
- Work with CEO, CSO and Head of Business Development to generate and maintain long term relationships with Healx partners
Who we’re looking for
- University Degree (with at least a 2:1) and postgraduate degree from a top university in Medicinal Chemistry, DMPK, Pharmacology or related discipline.
- A detailed understanding of disease pathways and drug pharmacology gained through a minimum of 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical environment or similar is essential
- In depth-knowledge of drug discovery and drug development process
- Experience in contracting/directing CROs and AROs
- Experience of pre-clinical study design
- Experience in drug repurposing and project leadership is desirable
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to apply at www.healx.io/careers. Applying by any other means may not be successful.
For more information about Healx and how we use your data please go to https://healx.io/privacy/
Please note – We are not currently using Agencies