The main focus of the research group ""Cognitive Neurophysiology"" (head: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Christian Beste) at the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy and the Institute of Psychology at the TU Dresden is the investigation of neurobiological basics of cognitive control and executive functions using modern experimental psychological, neurophysiological and neurobiological methods in healthy people and neuropsychiatric diseases.
A position as a
Doctoral Student (f/m/x)
is to be filled as soon as possible, initially for 3 years.
A long-term collaboration is intended. The position is to be filled within a third-party funded project focusing on the role of sensory processes (especially somato-sensitive processes) for cognitive control functions. The focus is on experimental studies in healthy individuals. Within the project, brain stimulation methods (TMS, tDCS), as well as mechanisms of perceptual learning are combined to investigate the influence of sensory processes on cognitive control mechanisms. The research area will be extended to neuropsychiatric diseases such as Tourette’s syndrome. You will work in an interdisciplinary team of scientists, which will pursue various neuroscientific projects in the field of neurophysiology of action control processes and sensorimotor system. The SFBs 940 ""Volition and cognitive control"" TRR 265 ""Loosing and regaining control of drug intake"", as well as the research group FOR 2698 ""Cognitive theory of Tourette’s syndrome – a new approach"", will open up a variety of further perspectives for the individual development of a scientific career. There is the possibility to do a doctorate (Dr. rer. nat.) or PhD at the Institute of Psychology at the TU Dresden.
• degree in psychology or cognitive neuroscience
• very good knowledge in experimental psychology
• pronounced interest in one of the following methods would be an advantage (EEG, TMS, tDCS)
• interest in working with patients
• willingness to work independently, on your own responsibility and in a Team
• a high degree of personal commitment and interest in an academic Career
• programming knowledge is an advantage but not a prerequisite (e. g. MATLAB)
We offer you the possibility to:
• activity in the medical-psychological leading Research
• implementation of own ideas and the work in an innovative interdisciplinary team in research and teaching
• long-term development opportunities
• reconciling flexible working hours to make the combination of family and career a reality
• care of your children through partnerships with children’s institutions near the University hospital
• use of company prevention offers, courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health centre
• job-oriented further and advanced training with individual planning of your professional Career
• a Position according to the TV-L conditions (E13; 65 %)
Severely disabled persons are expressly invited to apply. We kindly ask you to apply preferably online in order to make the personnel selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we will also process your written applications (with a stamped envelope) without any disadvantages for you.
We look forward to receiving your application documents, letter of motivation, academic certificates, at least one letter of reference, which you should send us online with Registration Number KJP0220766 by June, 30th 2020. Preliminary information can be obtained by telephone on 0351-458-7072 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org