The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) a: Doctoral researcher (PhD student) in Engineering Domain of Research Energy efficiency of buildings
The successful applicant will work on research topics inked to energy efficiency and energy systems of buildings. The exact orientation of the research topic may be worked out at the beginning of the research project.
The doctoral student will be a member of the Doctoral School for Science and Engineering (DSSE) offering doctoral programs in Civil and Mechanical Engineering Sciences aiming to provide interdisciplinary and internationally competitive research training.
- Develop and realise a research topic in the field of energy efficiency of buildings
- Disseminate results through scientific publications and talks at conferences
- Obtain a PhD in engineering science
- Assist in teaching activities (1 to 2 course hours per week or similar work load for supervision of students work)
- Master-degree in Engineering (energy, mechanical or similar)
- Solid background in Technical Building Services and Building Energy aspects
- Language: High Level of English plus either French or German
- Willingness to inscribe as PhD-student at the Doctoral School
Applications containing Motivation letter including CV, copies of diplomas including list of marks, copy of a selected relevant publication or student work must be sent online:
Applications are to be received no later than August 15, 2020.
Only complete applications will be considered. The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
For more information please contact Prof. Frank Scholzen (firstname.lastname@example.org)