The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for a vacancy in its Laboratory for Energy Materials.
Doctoral Candidate (Ph.D student) in the field of photovoltaics – Thin film micro-solar cells for high efficiency applications (M/F)
The candidate will be responsible for the electrodeposition and annealing of thin film semiconductor layers to form individual micro-solar cells for light concentration applications. The candidate will also be responsible for semiconductor layer and solar cell characterization. This is position A from the PACE Doctoral training unit which focuses on high power conversion efficiency applications. The work will be in collaboration with the INL. Prior experience of any of the following: electrochemistry, thermal annealing, structural, or opto-electronic characterization is advantageous. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Synthesis of Cu(In,Ga)Se2 absorber layers for micro-solar cells
- Characterization of absorber layers and devices
- Collaborate within PACE and with INL
- Publications in international journals and conferences
- Writing a thesis
- Occasional teaching and public outreach
- Excellent Masters in physics, materials science, chemistry, or similar
- Self-motivated, committed and curious
- Creative and independent thinker
- Very good knowledge of English
- Good oral communicator
- an exciting topic in the context of renewable energies
- a friendly international team and environment
- modern, and well equipped labs
- a competitive remuneration
Deadline for applications: 30th October 2019
Please upload your complete application in English (letter of motivation, CV, grade record, copy of diplomas, list of references) by clicking on the button below. Please apply online.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.