The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for a vacancy in its Laboratory for Photovoltaics.
Doctoral Candidate (Ph.D student) in the field of photovoltaics – Solar Cells for Tandem applications (M/F)
Thin film tandem solar cells combine a low cost sustainable approach with high efficiencies. At the Laboratory for Photovoltaics we work on novel sulfide semiconductors to be used as a top cell in the tandem structure. The doctoral candidate will develop sulfide solar cells and characterise their electronic structure under the supervision of Prof. Susanne Siebentritt.
- Coevaporation of Cu(In,Ga)S2 absorbers
- Photoluminescence analysis of their electronic structure
- Study influence of alkalis
- Publications in international journals and conferences
- Writing a thesis
- Occasional teaching and public outreach
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To apply for this position follow this link.
- Excellent Masters in physics or similar
- Self-motivated, committed and curious
- Creative and independent thinker
- Very good knowledge of English
- Good oral communicator
- an exciting topic in the context of renewable energies
- a friendly international team and environment
- modern, and well equipped labs
- a competitive remuneration
Deadline for applications: 30th October 2019
Please upload your complete application in English (letter of motivation, CV, grade record, copy of diplomas, list of references) by clicking on the button below. Please apply online.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer