Together with the industrial partner Avancis the Laboratory for Photovoltaics investigates thin film solar cells, which are more cost efficient than conventional solar cells because they need less material and energy for their production. The successful candidate will perform the opto-electronic analysis of industrial solar cells. A background in solid state physics, preferably in solar cells or semiconductors is desirable. The doctoral candidate will perform research in close collaboration with the industrial partner and under the supervision of Prof. Susanne Siebentritt.
• Photoluminescence analysis of industrial absorber layers based on Cu(In,Ga)(S,Se)2
• Alkali treatment of absorbers
• Close contact to industrial partner
• Publications in international journals and conferences
• Writing a thesis
• Occasional teaching and public outreach
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Excellent Masters in physics or similar
• Self-motivated, committed and curious
• Creative and independent thinker
• Very good knowledge of English
• Good oral communicator
• An exciting topic in the context of renewable energies
• A friendly international team and environment
• Modern, and well equipped labs
Deadline for applications: 17/11/2019.
Please upload your complete application in English (letter of motivation, CV, grade record, copy of diplomas, list of references) by clicking on the button below. Please apply online.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.