The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine a:
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Mathematics (Algebra, Geometry, Mathematical Physics)
The PhD student will be a member of the Department of Mathematics (DMATH) within the Faculty of Science,Technology and Medicine at the University of Luxembourg and will work under supervision of Prof. Sergei Merkulov.
- Contribute to research in the field of Algebra, Geometry, Mathematical Physics
- Write a thesis in the domain of Algebra, Geometry, Mathematical Physics
- Limited teaching activity (at most 3 hours/week)
For further information please contact:
Prof. Sergei Merkulov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in mathematics.
- Dedication to doing research level mathematic
- Willingness to integrate in a team
- Solid knowledge in Algebra, Geometry, Mathematical Physics (homological algebra, deformation quantization, theory of operads and props, graph complexes, configuration spaces)
- Good written and oral skills in English. Some knowledge of French and/or German is helpful, but not required
- Excellent research conditions in a dynamic and multicultural environment
- Highly motivated, worldwide well-connected research group
- Personal work space at the University
- A competitive salary
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters sent directly to email@example.com
- Copies of diplomas
Application deadline is 31.05.2020.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.