About the SnT
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent. We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
- Conduct highly innovative research across the domains of computer science, social sciences and bioethics on an interdisciplinary research project entitled “Informed consent solutions for next generation genome services”.
- contribute to the design of user-friendly tools that help individuals make informed decisions around storing their genome data for future re-uses.
- Publish research results and present them at international conferences
- Contribute to reports and research publications
- Engage in dissemination of results to stakeholders
- Write a cumulative PhD thesis.
The project stems from a partnership between the University of Luxembourg and Megeno S.A., a Luxembourg-based company whose business is to facilitate long-term storage of genome data and repurpose it to enable genome-informed personalised treatment and disease prevention.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences, or other disciplines
- Knowledge of research methods in Social Sciences (i.e. empirical research, experiment design, questionnaire design, data analysis)
- Experience with authoring tools for Web or interface design is an advantage
- Proficiency in English (French, German or Luxembourgish is desirable)
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research, cybersecurity, data privacy, and bioethics
- Good academic writing and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to independently organize work
- Inquisitive and critical mind, collaborative attitude
Here’s what awaits you at SnT
- A stimulating learning environment. Here post-docs and professors outnumber PhD students 6:1. That translates into access and close collaborations with some of the brightest ICT researchers, giving you solid guidance
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 45 industry partners
- Multiple funding sources for your ideas. The University supports researchers to acquire funding from national, European and private sources
- Competitive salary package. The University offers a 12 month-salary package, over six weeks of paid time off, health insurance and subsidised living and eating
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
But wait, there’s more!
Students can take advantage of several opportunities for growth and career development, from free language classes to career resources and extracurricular activities.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 3 Year
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: 50017955
Applications written in English should be submitted online and include:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- Digital copy of diploma certificates;
- A motivation letter detailing why the candidate intends to undertake a PhD and how s/he intends to advance the state of the art in “Informed consent solutions for next generation genome services”.
- Contact information of three references;
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
About the University of Luxembourg
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. It`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.