Director, Structural Biology
OMass Therapeutics is an early stage drug discovery company specialized in applying state of the art biophysical platform technologies to discover therapies for severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. The company was founded by Professor Dame Carol Robinson to leverage her pioneering work in native mass spectrometry, in studies of dynamic protein assemblies, to characterise challenging drug targets including membrane proteins. The high resolution of our biophysical platform offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads.
The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with biophysical platform technologies at its core, and develop a pipeline of novel therapies. Our ambition is to develop and ultimately commercialise our products.
Following successful Series A funding, the company is expanding significantly in different areas. This is an excellent time to join a dynamic growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Director, Structural Biology. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of our future vision.
We seek a highly motivated, innovative and experienced scientist with enthusiasm for application of biophysical techniques to drug discovery. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in biochemical and biophysical research including structural biology. The position will require management of biochemists and biophysicists to support recombinant membrane protein production as well as carrying out structural studies. The role is based in our Oxford site.
Applications to be received by Friday 3rd April 2020
• A PhD in a relevant field with significant levels of work experience. Industry experience will be preferred.
• Skills in managing multiple projects and capability to prioritize
• Experience in managing scientists of diverse levels of experience
• Extensive experience with membrane protein construct engineering, expression (mammalian and insect cells) and purification
• Deep knowledge of state-of-the-art structural biology techniques including crystallography and cryo-EM structure determination
• Familiarity with mass spectrometry or other biophysical techniques
• Skills in managing from different therapeutic targets with clear understanding of project needs and ensuring delivery of high-quality data with clear communication of timelines
• Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple projects within tight timelines and to collaborate and work productively in a multidisciplinary environment
• Provide leadership and expertise in membrane proteins construct engineering, expression, purification and structural biology
• Work with the mass spec, medicinal chemistry and pharmacology teams to drive drug discovery projects
• To remain current with protein biochemistry and structural biology technology developments and formulate suitable strategies and future directions
• Develop novel and innovative approaches to increase expression and improve purification profiles of membrane proteins
• Establish and maintain strong productive relationships with external partners and collaborators
Applicants should provide a full CV including contact details for 2 referees and a cover letter describing their interest for, and compatibility with, the position.
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK. All applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits