Exscientia is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies.
All of our Innovation is driven by people; highly talented multi-disciplinary teams that work collaboratively to solve real world drug discovery problems. Following multiple partnerships with many leading Pharmaceutical companies and research institutes, we have a robust and rapidly expanding portfolio of projects and we are looking to substantially expand our biology group.
The DMPK department within Exscentia is strengthening its team and is currently looking for a talented individual who has a passion for DMPK science. In this role you will represent DMPK on cross-disciplinary discovery project teams and will have project accountability from early project discovery towards candidate selection, supporting several projects across different therapeutic areas. The candidate will lead the DMPK interactions with the full range of disciplines and functions involved: medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences etc.
As the Director of DMPK you will be responsible for
- Design, commission and conduct appropriate experimental studies to support compound design, project progression and candidate selection to understand, risk mitigate and resolve project ADME challenges
- Apply an expert understanding of DMPK, physico-chemical property assays and biotransformation reactions and will be expected to provide scientific leadership and strategic direction to assigned projects
- Provide strong support to AI/ML teams to identify, generate, interpret and challenge data from which to build and improve predictive DMPK models to allow virtual screening of new compound designs
- Progress molecules with appropriate ADME and pharmacokinetic properties, through lead optimization to clinical candidate nomination and expected to demonstrate awareness of project statues at all time
- Support and challenge if appropriate the interpretation of results and translation into objectives for design
- Prepare the DMPK part of internal/regulatory documents (e.g., IND, IB, NDA)
What will you bring to the role?
- PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Pharmacology/Pharmacokinetics with relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry or academia
- Industry experience in ADME and pharmacokinetics and a proven track record of scientific achievement and project influence
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant DMPK areas such as physicochemical properties, drug metabolizing enzymes and transporters, biotransformation reactions, pharmacokinetics, IVIVc, allometric scaling and human dose predictions
- Ability to translate data into project relevance to anticipate and/or mitigate project challenges
- Strong customer focus with the ability to have robust discussions with project leaders and key stakeholders to ensure that project, scientific and resource demands are aligned
- Bring a fresh perspective into the group and the enthusiasm to tackle new challenges and learn new skills
- Flexibility and able to work across multiple projects
Reasons for joining us
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company that develops revolutionary technology to change people’s lives for the better.
- An inclusive culture that is built on trust, teamwork and collaboration.
- Kick-start or further grow your career – at Exscientia, you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Highly competitive compensation and all the IT equipment you will need.
- Comprehensive health insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision) and 401(k) plan.
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance.
Exscientia embraces equal opportunity and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive community where everybody feels welcome. We welcome applications from all people regardless of background. If you’re looking for a new challenge within an exciting environment at the forefront of AI. then please apply today to learn more!