1. The Biomedical Translation Research Center (BioTReC) of Academia Sinica (AS) was established on September 17, 2019, and is AS’s operating unit in the National Biotechnology Research Park (NBRP). Its main missions include: coordinating biomedical translation research into industrial and social applications; planning and managing core facilities; nurturing biotech startups and maintaining the public facilities and ecosystem of the NBRP. The BioTReC consists of three thematic centers, namely translational research, artificial intelligence in medicine, and biohub, and is expected to be staffed by ten research personnel and four administrative assistants.
2. AS invites applications for the position of Director of the BioTReC. The initial appointment is for a period of three years, renewable for a second term. We expect the Director to have outstanding academic accomplishments, extensive experience in industry-academia collaboration, and leadership to build an industry-academia linking and resource-sharing research park, promote the national biotech industry as well as to enable Taiwan to become the front runner in the biomedical world.
3. Candidates must have a PhD degree and qualify as a Research Fellow or Distinguished Research Fellow at AS. (See the attachment.) The following documents should be emailed to Ms. Vivian Cheng at email@example.com by Feb 15,2020: a curriculum vitae, a publication list, a research accomplishment list, three letters of recommendation (sent by the recommenders), and a vision statement.
Research fellows shall possess one of the following qualifications:
1. Have served as a professor for at least three years at a national university, private university, or independent academy registered by the Ministry of Education; or have served as a professor or associate professor for at least three years at a foreign university or independent academy recognized by Academia Sinica. Candidates shall have pursued research work and made important contributions to academic scholarship.
2. Have received a Ph.D. degree from a national university, private university or independent academy registered by the Ministry of Education or from a foreign university or independent academy recognized by Academia Sinica. Thereafter, the candidate shall have pursued research work for at least 6 years at a foreign or domestic research institution recognized by Academia Sinica, with important contributions. (Graduates holding a Bachelor of Medicine degree shall have pursued research work for at least nine years at a foreign or domestic research institution recognized by Academia Sinica, with important contributions.)
Distinguished research fellows shall have one of the following qualifications:
1. Have served as a professor (or equivalent position) for at least three years at a foreign or domestic research institution or university (including independent academy) recognized by Academia Sinica with important academic contributions and outstanding achievements, recognized by foreign and domestic academic circles.
2. Candidates who are Academicians of Academia Sinica.