Department: Animal and Plant Care Facility
Job posting Details
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a research university on the rise in Asia. The University has been promoting an environment conducive to cutting-edge research and international exposure. The Animal and Plant Care Facility (APCF) is one of the major central facilities which provide essential support for a wide range of our faculty’s research endeavors. The University is currently seeking a motivated and high caliber individual to lead and manage the Facility. Further information about APCF can be found at its homepage at http://ihome.ust.hk/~webacf/
• Provide leadership, coordination and support for the development of APCF
• Provide overall direction to the operational functions of APCF to ensure efficient delivery of services
• Responsible for supporting all aspects of use and care of laboratory animals
• Supervision and overall management of the personnel of APCF
• Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders
• An advanced degree in Veterinarian Medicine (preferably registrable in Hong Kong), Animal Science, Biology, or a related discipline
• Five to ten years of experience in managing animal facilities certified by American Association for the Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC), preferable in a university setting
• Ability to provide leadership and support for the development of APCF, and to interact positively with colleagues and key stakeholders is essential
• Ability to provide up-to-date methodology in animal research is required
• Knowledge of regulations and national standards relating to the care and use of animals in research and education is required
The post would be suitable for a person of any nationality; some familiarity with Hong Kong and Mainland China would be an advantage. (Duration: 2 years, renewable)
Competitive remuneration package commensurate with the appointee’s qualifications and experience will be offered. Fringe benefits including annual leave, medical and dental benefits and housing allowance (where applicable) will be provided. A gratuity will be payable upon successful completion of contract.
In support of a green work environment, we accept applications submitted online only. To apply, please complete an online application form through the HKUST Careers website (http://jobs.ust.hk) and return it online to the Human Resources Office on or before Friday, 24 June 2019. Applicants will receive an acknowledgement by email upon successful submission. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the result of the application. Candidates who are not contacted within 2 months of the date of their applications may consider their applications unsuccessful.