Area of research:
The brillant synchroton source PETRA III as well as the intense free-electron laser FLASH and our inhouse research groups at DESY CFEL offer a broad range of research opportunities, ranging from life science to the study of fundamental physical processes in various areas. DESY offers several career opportunities also in the enabling technologies like detector or laser physics and development.The Sustainable Materials Group (FS-SMA) at DESY focuses on functionalised polymeric materials on bio-basis. This includes novel approaches for photovoltaics. As part of the federally funded project “Sunny Cellulose” in the field of basic research on the integration of solar cells in sustainable construction methods, we are looking for a postdoc. The aim of the project is to implement a sustainable cellulose-based solar cell. The project is a German-Swedish collaboration together with an SME partner.
About your role:
- Development of a flexible hybrid cellulose-polymer solar cell
- Characterization of the solar cells in terms of efficiency and structure
- Optimisation of the nanostructure
- Scaling from laboratory scale to square meter size
- Presentation of scientific results on international conferences and in application-focused meetings with industrial Partners
- Doctoral degree in the field of materials science, physics, chemistry or related engineering or natural sciences
- Experience in thin film fabrication
- Experience in nanoscience or solar cell technology
- Knowledge of fibre processing is desirable
- Knowledge of X-ray methods are desirable
- Interest and ability to cooperate in an interdisciplinary and international team
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time and job-sharing. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public funded employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is according to the regulations of the TV-AVH. DESY offers its employees a financial supplement for a job ticket at both locations.We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
DESY promotes the professional development of women and therefore strongly encourages women to apply for the position to be filled. In addition, severely handicapped persons with equal aptitude are given preferential consideration. The advertised positions are basically suitable for part-time employment.
You can find further information here: www.desy.de/career/
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Personalabteilung | Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation.