We are currently looking for a database manager who will be responsible for the whole data management of the company including chemical structure registration, biological and ADMET data upload and provide support for web reporting and export tools from the Dotmatics suite. Additional responsibilities include data curation.
In addition to the aforementioned activities, the candidate will also be involved with our internal drug discovery programs in order to support hit identification (druggability assessment of new targets, virtual screens, ligand based approach, etc), H2L and LO programs (optimization of activity and ADMET-PK properties) by using computational tools. However, should a candidate only be interested in the database manager function, overall responsibilities can be rearranged in that direction.
Database manager responsibilities (estimated to take up to 50% to 60% of your time) include:
- Ensure a proper functioning of the corporate database and perform updates and upgrades in collaboration with our third party service providers;
- Register new chemical compounds (single or batch registration);
- Support biological data upload (protocols creations in studies) for HTS and dose response assays performed internally and externally;
- Support the chemists and biologists for data reviewing purposes (design and implement project based viewers in Browser), data analysis (outliers identification) and data curation (invalidate, change or delete data);
- Take an active role in the development of our electronic notebooks (ELN) for chemists and biologists;
- Manage the contacts with the Dotmatics support team and act as the central point for any requests sent to them;
- Propose, develop and/or implement new tools for data analysis;
- Ensure a proper data transfer (chemistry and biology) between CISTIM and our different collaborators (academics and corporate);
- Design ad hoc queries to retrieve, test and deliver data in a timely and efficient manner;
- Establish and write up SOPs for our workflow.
Interested in the role of database manager only ? please do not hesitate to apply mentioning “Database Manager” as referral.
Computational chemist responsibilities include:
- Perform druggability assessment for new targets;
- Propose and implement in silico strategies for hit identification purposes for new targets/projects when relevant;
- Provide computational support for internal drug discovery programs (docking, structure based drug design, QSAR etc) when needed or relevant;
- Be an active member of the internal computational chemistry team in order to further develop our cheminformatics capabilities especially in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
- Master and/or Ph.D. degree in chemistry or computational sciences preferably with at least 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Familiar with working with chemical structures and related tools (chemdraw, chemistry intelligent spreadsheet);
- Experience as data analyst/curator;
- Experience in using Schrodinger suite, Knime and Dotmatics suite (Browser, studies, register) and other workflow tool;
- Able to work with little supervision and meet (short) deadlines.