Consultant in Paediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation
Job Reference: 387-WC-2196-ESB
Employer: University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Department: Paediatric BMT
Location: Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Upper Maudlin St, Bristol, BS2 8BJ, Bristol
Salary: £77,913 – £105,042 pa pro rata
Are you a Consultant ready to take the next step in your career? Or ready to become a Consultant and looking for an outstanding place to work? Are you caring, compassionate and motivated? Do you want to work in a forward and fast thinking NHS Foundation Trust? We have an exciting opportunity for you
Within a Trust that has been recently awarded ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children (BRHC) is one of the most established and cutting-edge Children’s Hospitals in Europe. We are so proud of our Hospital and the strong commitment to evidenced based care and research.
Our Paediatric Bone Marrow Transplant programme is one of the largest dedicated paediatric programmes in the entire United Kingdom. It serves the entire South West region, Oxford, Southampton, Cambridge, Norfolk and Northern Ireland.
The programme performs approximately 35 allogeneic transplants and 5-10 autologous transplants (autologous transplants are mainly performed by the oncology team).
With strong links to the University of Bristol and University of West of England we are the major medical research centre in the region. The findings allow us to continually improve our patient care.
Our academic links also make us the largest centre for medical training in the South West, attracting the highest calibre clinical staff from across the UK. Staff throughout the Trust are involved in a thriving research portfolio, comprising around 450 varied, pioneering projects resulting in approximately 600 published papers each year.
We are located in the centre of the beautiful city of Bristol, which has been voted best place to live. It is bursting with character and provides the perfect work-life balance.
This is your opportunity to join us on our journey and become a part of our talented and passionate team.
The ideal candidate for the role will:
- Have specialist HSCT experience, covering all HSCT specific training as described by the current 6th edition of JACIE/FACT standards.
- Have experience in teaching and training registrars rotating within the department
- Have the ability to take the lead when caring for children and their families
- Have exceptional communication skills and work together in a multidisciplinary team
In return for your hard work you will receive the following benefits:
- Working within an internationally renowned Children’s Hospital
- Support for relocation costs
- Opportunities for education, research and evidence-based development
- At least 6 weeks of annual leave per year (increasing with length of service)
- Industry leading pension scheme
- Access to discounts in a multitude of local and national outlets.
This position involves an on-call requirement including weekends.
As a Children’s Hospital we are supported by two proactive charities, Above and Beyond and The Grand Appeal. The Grand Appeal’s Gromit Unleashed 2 Trail was held over the summer in the south west which has raised substantial funds for clinical services. The city of Bristol is frequently voted a top destination in the UK and Europe to live and visit. There has never been a better time to relocate to and explore the beautiful and vibrant city of Bristol.
For more information, or to organise a tour of our specialist departments please contact:
- Dr Adam Gassas who is the director of the programme and the lead physician for malignant transplantation and is a full JACIE/FACT international regulator and inspector for stem cell transplantation – tel (+44) 117 342 8911). Mobile/Cell +44 (0)7791 486 168. Email: gassas@UHBristol.nhs.uk
- Lisa Davies, General Manager for Paediatric Medical Specialities telephone 0117 3421152. Email Davies2@uhbristol.nhs.uk