Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything we do. The institution is a comprehensive cancer center whose purposes are the treatment and control of cancer, the advancement of biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and the training of scientists, physicians and other health care workers.
We are looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows interested in investigating immune spatial heterogeneity in human cancers. These projects are based on high-dimensional tissue imaging of the tumor and tumor microenvironment with single-cell protein expression analysis and subsequent integration of genomic DNA/RNA profiling. The intention is to better define the function and development of the tumor/immune ecosystem to ultimately improve patient immunotherapeutic selection and prognostication, to better understand and overcome therapeutic resistance and to identify new candidate therapeutics and biomarkers.
In this role you will:
• Work between the Department of Computational & Systems Biology and the Department of Pathology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
• Collaborate with quantitative experimentalists and computational scientists to conduct and publish research in a rapidly expanding investigational field with significant room for growth and ground-level development
• Use new experimental tools and design novel methods to address problems in tumor immunology
• Work with high dimensional imaging data from a variety of recently released and upcoming platforms
• Design methods to analyze high dimensional imaging data
• Integrate imaging data with genomic DNA/RNA profiling
• Correlate findings with ongoing and recent clinical trials outcomes
• Author journal papers and attend conferences
The ideal candidate should have:
• PhD or MS degree in a biologic or computational science with immunology experience
• Publication record in biologic or quantitative sciences
• Experience with R for data analysis and statistics
• Coding skills (esp. Python) would be helpful
• Recent graduates and PhD candidates who will defend soon are welcome
Please send CV, a letter outlining your interest and names/contact information of three references via email to:
Associate Attending, Pathology
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.