The University of Cologne offers a wide range of scientific disciplines and internationally leading profile areas organized in six faculties. At the Faculty of Medicine 1.800 scientists are engaged in research, ranging from basic sciences to clinical application, as well as teaching and health care. Together with the University Hospital Cologne the faculty maintains 58 clinics, research institutes and centres. 3.400 students study in this dynamic and innovative environment. The Faculty of Medicine and the University Hospital Cologne are embedded in the scientifically highly active Rhine region. They have strong contacts to and alliances with the surrounding universities and non-university research institutions guaranteeing scientific excellence in research and teaching.
The “Cluster of Excellence on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging-Associated Diseases” (CECAD) is restructuring its bioinformatics core facility in close collaboration with the Institute for Medical Statistics and Bioinformatics (IMSB). The CECAD is therefore seeking applications for a maximum of three full-time
Computational Biologists (f/m/x)
The contracts are limited until 31.12.2025 to WissZeitVG third-party funds.
The mission of CECAD is to unravel common molecular mechanisms underlying lifespan regulation and aging-associated diseases. The research at CECAD heavily relies on high-throughput molecular profiling using state-of-the-art transcriptomics, metabolomics, lipidomics, and proteomics techniques. The successful candidates will be experts in one of the above fields, and they will closely collaborate with CECAD researchers and the CECAD core facilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development, implementation and application of workflows for data processing and statistical analysis of large scale ‘omics’ datasets
- Development and application of bioinformatics tools for data visualization, biological network modeling and pathway mapping
- Development and maintenance of a web-based portal for sample submission, project and data management
- Collaboration with users of the facilities and support in the interpretation of analysis results
- Maintenance of the facilities’ computer equipment
- Diploma, master or doctorate degree (PhD) in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or closely related area
1-3 years of working experience with analytics of RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and/or mass spectrometry-based data
- Strong experience with various statistical methods
- Solid knowledge in programming languages (e.g. R, Python, C++, Perl)
- Proactive and service-oriented team player with excellent communication and writing skills
Your salary will be based on TV-L.
Applications from female candidates are welcome; suitably qualified women will be given preferential consideration unless other applicants clearly demonstrate superior qualifications.
We also welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will also be given preferential consideration over other applicants with comparable qualifications.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Please telefone enquiries regarding these positions to Professor Dr. Andreas Beyer or Dr. Susanne Brodesser +49 221 478-84429/-84015.
Further information is available on the internet at here (https://www.cecad.uni-koeln.de/home/).
Have we awakened your interest? Please send your application (including a detailed CV, list of publications, two references and a brief statement of research interests) here online www.uk-koeln.de/karriere/stellenangebote (https://jobs-uk-koeln.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=861)
We prefer online applications (https://jobs-uk-koeln.de/index.php?ac=login&jobad_id=861), but you also have the opportunity to apply via regular mail by 31. December 2019 quoting the reference number to