Engineer – Technology Advancement, Dubai
Position Code: 781211
Area: Bachelors in Engineering, systems or physical sciences.
Field: Techno – Financial Assessment
Support the development of and execute internal incubation / acceleration programs, to generate shared value and develop partnerships with global/emerging players.
- Support scouting for new technologies available globally for incubation and acceleration programs, and execute activities to on-board strategic, financial and technological partners, to enhance commercial value creation and visibility for DEWA R&D
- Conduct or support literature review and due diligence of companies and technologies, and supports in performing strategic fitment, market and techno-economic analysis of the identified prospects, to ensure relevant partnerships and strategic alignment for DEWA R&D
- Support in developing a business case and performing financial valuations for potential investments and acquisitions, to generate commercial value for DEWA R&D while ensuring alignment to strategic objectives
- Support the execution of accelerator programs and facilitate the necessary financial, technical and advisory support to the identified start-ups, to ensure successful collaboration and shared value creation
- Supports the execution of activities that help the identified start-up gain access to an eco-system of partners, investors, customers etc., to ensure successful collaboration and shared value creation"
- Support reporting manager in developing strategy for spin-offs, performing due diligence, techno-financial assessments, researching emerging trends, preparing benchmarking and comparison reports, etc. to ensure comprehensive documentation and accurate analysis of commercial potential of R&D spin-offs
- Support reporting manager in developing detailed resource/investment, tax, legal, operational, etc. requirements and associated implementation timelines, operational blueprints and coordinate with internal/external stakeholders to implement and develop the R&D spin-off entity, to generate commercial value as per committed timelines and scope
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders and consolidate data to support reporting manager in monitoring the progress of implementation, to ensure clear visibility on implementation progress and commercial value generation
1. Incubation / Acceleration Programs
2. R&D Spin – off strategy & due diligence
3. R&D Spin – off approvals, planning & implementation
- (Min) Bachelors in Engineering, systems or physical sciences
- (Preferred) : MBA along with Bachelors in Engineering or physical sciences related to DEWA R&D’s Projects Portfolio
- (Min) 5 years in managing/supporting start-up incubators, accelrator programs, tech entrepreneurial programs, etc. in research institutions or R&D units in industries, with experience in conducting techno-financial assessments
- (Preferred): CFA or equivalent certifications
To apply, send your cover letter, CV, and other supporting documents (if any) to R&D Recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae. Subject Line of the email should be “ Application for Engineer – Technology Advancement – position code 781211”
About the employer
The package offered is in line with regional and global standards. DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offers a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Center is housed in a state-of-the-art lab facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.