Clinical Trialist Faculty-Assistant/Associate/Full Member (Asst/Assoc/Full Professor equivalent)
Posting Number: 000029
Position Type: Scientific
Department: Arthritis & Clinical Immunology – James
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Arthritis and Clinical Immunology Research Program (http://omrf.org/ACI) at the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (OMRF, http://omrf.org) seeks to understand roles of the immune system in health and disease. With a new expansion underway, we invite qualified candidates to apply for a clinical trialist faculty position focusing on rheumatoid arthritis (RA), Sjogren's syndrome and related disorders. We are currently recruiting at Assistant, Associate or Full Member levels (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor equivalents).
- Spearhead investigator-initiated, sponsor-led and/or NIH clinical trials
– Lead comprehensive, optimal autoimmune rheumatic disease patient health care
– Receive generous, multi-year start-up with significant, sustained salary and research support
– Collaborate with basic scientists interested in patient-oriented research
– Interact closely with Oklahoma Health Sciences Center faculty and participate in OUHSC graduate programs
– Contribute toward and enjoy access to:
– vibrant patient cohorts with associated patient care and clinical trials infrastructure -o extensive autoimmune disease and control sample collections
– outstanding OMRF and ACI Core facilities
Successful candidates must be licensed physicians (MD or MD/PhD) in good standing to practice in the United States with experience in successfully recruiting and completing clinical trials.
Minimum Degree Required:
Preference will be given to applicants:
– Board-certified or Board-eligible in Internal Medicine/Rheumatology
– With research and/or academic interests in systemic autoimmune rheumatic disease (ideally rheumatoid arthritis, Sjogren’s syndrome or undifferentiated connective tissue disease)
Frequently sit, use manual dexterity, talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic, caustic chemicals, animal dander, biohazard materials, strong magnetic, or electrical fields. Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation and cold (4ºC) and/or extreme cold (-80ºC) from freezers.
To apply, visit https://omrf.peopleadmin.com/postings/2788