The Division of Neurology at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital plays an integral role in the care of all St. Jude patients who encounter complications to their brain, spine or nerves as either a direct result of their disease process or as a result of their treatment. Our neurologists are an essential part of the treatment team in the diagnosis and treatment for all treatment services at St. Jude which includes not only those children diagnosed with cancer, but other catastrophic diseases as well. The selected candidate for Clinical Research Associate RN II will be a registered nurse who operates under supervision of the Director of Division of Neurology, and at his/her discretion may be asked to act collaboratively as a site Study Coordinator with other divisions of Department of Pediatrics Medicine. You will serve as a preceptor/mentor to new clinical research staff and be the primary coordinator for multiple studies. You will stay informed of all regulatory needs, corresponding frequently with the IRB. Current studies include both prospective and retrospective studies. Some studies are in the process of being developed and you can help shape these. You will also work on collaborative studies, interfacing with other departments to schedule appointments and follow up with study participants. You will enjoy this relaxed environment that provides flexibility, as well as an opportunity to grow. Take the first step to join our team by applying now!
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Performs data abstraction, collection, and entry to support clinical research
- Prepares submission for all reportable events and develops, maintains, and/or monitors case report forms and ensures compliance with prescribed interventions and evaluations of the assigned protocol(s)
- Provides data to the collaborating research organization or study sponsor. Prepares data reports
- Provides patient care, education, and management
- Obtain informed consent from patients/families (for non-therapeutic research trials)
- This position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Nursing Executive/CNO therefore coordinates with Supervisor and Nursing Executive/CNO to ensure consistent institution-wide compliance with standards of nursing practice
- Graduation from a school of nursing is required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Two (2) years of direct experience in clinical biomedical and/or behavioral research required.
- (LC: RN-TN) Must possess a current Tennessee State Board of Nursing license if primary residence is Tennessee or a Nurse Licensure Non-Compact state.
- (LC: RN-MISS or RN-AR) Must possess a current State Board of Nursing license in the state of primary residence if the state is a Nurse Licensure Compact state.
- (LC:SOCRA or ACRP)Certification in clinical research from the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA) or the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) must be obtained within three (3) years of assuming the position.
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.