As a Clinical Research Nurse, you will be joining a dynamic team of care providers who facilitate active protocols within St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. In this role, you will work primarily with leukemia/lymphoma patients, an on a variety of St. Jude sponsored, industry and Children’s Oncology Group studies.
This unique opportunity is a balanced blend of patient interaction, management, and collaborative research. You will have a variable caseload of patients with whom you will ensure compliance and build roadmaps of treatment, then work with your physician and other St. Jude Nursing teams to ensure your patients’ needs are met and to ensure protocol compliance. You will work under the supervision of the Manager of Clinical Trials Operations for the Hematological Malignancy Program, which is part of the St. Jude Comprehensive Cancer Center. You will stay informed of all regulatory needs, corresponding frequently with the IRB. Current studies include both prospective and retrospective studies. Some studies are in the process of being developed and you can help shape these. You will also work on collaborative studies, interfacing with other departments to schedule appointments and follow up with study participants.
Here at St. Jude, we set the standard in patient care, and we encourage applicants who match the caliber of our work. If you have a collaborative spirit, are passionate about research, and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment, we’d love to have you apply.
In the role of Clinical Research Associate- RN I, additional responsibilities include:
- Performs data abstraction, collection, and entry to support clinical research
- Prepares submission for all reportable events and develops, maintains, and/or monitors case report forms/treatment roadmaps and ensures compliance with prescribed interventions and evaluations of the assigned protocol(s)
- Provides data to the collaborating research organization or study sponsor. Prepares data reports
- Provides patient education and management
- Helps coordinate protocol-directed care with local physicians and St. Jude affiliates
- Graduation from a school of nursing is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Two (2) years of clinical and/or research experience required
- Clinical research experience preferred
- Oncology experience preferred
- (LC: RN-TN) Must possess a current Tennessee State Board of Nursing license if primary residence is Tennessee or a Nurse Licensure Non-Compact state
- (LC: RN-MISS, RN-ARK or RN-KY) Must possess a current State Board of Nursing license in the state of primary residence if the state is a Nurse Licensure Compact state
- (LC: SOCRA or ACRP) Certification in clinical research from the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA) or the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) must be obtained within three (3) years of assuming the position
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.