The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) an:
Chief Scientist II / Associate Professor of Software Engineering and Mobile Security (m/f)
The successful candidate will conduct research and technology transfer in the area of Computer Science, specifically in the field of Software Engineering (SE) with a focus on Software Security, Repository Mining, Artificial Intelligence for SE, Debugging and Information Retrieval. The candidate should have a strong and growing reputation as an international leader in the field. The candidate will build/lead a research team within the Serval Research Group at SnT. The Research Group conducts research in close collaboration with the industry partners and is engaged in a number of European/International projects. The candidate will define, acquire, and manage projects as principal investigator. The candidate will be responsible for the project portfolio of Serval (1) with the European Commission, in particular in the context of Cyber-Security projects, and (2) with Fintech companies, such as BGL BNP Paribas and Luxembourg Stock Exchange, to sustain the development of innovative products, e.g. in the area of automated document processing. The candidate will ensure a continuity in the laboratory/experimental research activities. She/he will also lead the research activity in mobile security (leaks detection, malware detection, etc.) at an outstanding level.
The mission is to:
- Acquire, manage and contribute to research, innovations, and technology transfer activities with private and public partners as principal investigator.
- Build and manage relationships with international/industrial/public partners.
- Disseminate scientific results in top conferences/journals.
- Independently supervise PhD candidates and research associates.
- Prepare and contribute to European and National research proposals to sustain the group’s strategic research.
The candidate will work closely with Prof. Yves Le Traon and the team members of Serval. This will require contributing to research, innovations, technology transfer, and management activities. English is the working language of this international laboratory.
- PhD in Computer Science with focus on Software Engineering.
- Documented research expertise in Software Engineering and Mobile Security, as well as experience in several of the following topics:
- Mobile security, leveraging static/dynamic analysis, and machine learning techniques
- Debugging with a focus on Automated Program Repair
- Model-Driven Engineering
- Excellent publication record in top-tier conferences and journals.
- Experience in leading bilateral collaborative research with industry.
- Experience in technology transfer validating research outcomes in realistic environments.
- Track record in carrying a leading role in research project acquisition and/or entrepreneurship experience
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory.
- A motivating and interesting position within an international research environment
- Member of an expanding and dynamic team of highly motivated people
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in English by sending your CV, motivation letter, copies of diplomas, list of publications, list of research projects and a list of taught courses.
Deadline for applications: 10 May 2019.