The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) an:
CHIEF SCIENTIST II / Associate Professor in Software Engineering with a special emphasis on modelling and verification of cyber-physical systems (m/f)
The successful candidate will conduct research and technology transfer in the area of Software Engineering with a special emphasis on modelling and verification of cyber-physical systems. The candidate should have a strong and growing reputation as an international leader in the field. The candidate will build/lead a research team within the Software Verification and Validation (SVV) Research Group at SnT. The Research Group conducts research in close collaboration with the industry partners and is engaged in a number of European/International projects. The candidate will define, acquire, and manage projects as principal investigator. The candidate will lead the area of cyber-physical systems, being directly responsible for the group’s partnership portfolio related to the modelling and verification of cyber-physical systems and functional safety of AI-enabled systems. The candidate will ensure continuity and further expand the strategic partnerships at SnT.
The mission is to:
- Acquire, manage and contribute to research, innovations, and technology transfer activities with private and public partners as principal investigator
- Build and manage relationships with international/industrial/public partners
- Disseminate scientific results in top conferences/journals
- Independently supervise PhD candidates and research associates
- Prepare and contribute to European and National research proposals to sustain the group’s strategic research
The candidate will work closely with SVV’s head, Prof. Lionel Briand, as well as with other members of this research group. Doing so will require contributing to research, innovations, technology transfer, and management activities, with English being the working language across all these activities.
- PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, with a focus on Software Modelling and Verification
- Documented research expertise in modelling and verifying cyber-physical systems, including their machine learning aspects. Experience in one or more of the following topics would be an asset:
- Search-based Software Engineering
- Model-Driven Development
- Formal methods
- Machine Learning
- Excellent publication record in top-tier conferences and journals
- Experience in leading bilateral collaborative research with industry
- Experience in technology transfer and validating research outcomes in realistic environments
- Track record in carrying a leading role in research project acquisition and/or entrepreneurship experience
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
- Knowledge of French and/or German is considered as an asset
- A motivating and interesting position within an international research environment
- Member of an expanding and dynamic team of highly motivated people
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in English by sending your CV, motivation letter, copies of diplomas, list of publications, list of research projects and a list of taught courses.
Deadline for applications: 10 September 2019