The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) a:
Chief Scientist I / Full Professor of Satellite Communications (m/f)
- Ref. R-STR-5013-00-A
- Permanent contract
- Full-time position (40 hrs/w)
- Employee status
The successful candidate will conduct research and technology transfer in the area of wireless communications, specifically satellite communications. The candidate is a widely recognized, international scientific leader in the field. The candidate has the potential to lead and develop a research group at SnT. SnT conducts research in close collaboration with the industry partners and is engaged in a number of European and International projects. The candidate will define strategy, recruit personnel, acquire funding from diverse sources, and establish co-operations with other research groups and international/industrial/public partners.
The mission is to:
- Define and lead strategic research areas creating societal impact in Luxembourg.
- Lead the definition, acquisition, and management of research projects spanning long-term research to demand driven innovation projects.
- Create an international leading research group sustained by competitive research and innovation funding from diverse sources, partnerships, European/International/National research agencies.
- Build and manage strategic relationships with international/industrial/public partners.
- Disseminate scientific results in top conferences/journals.
The candidate will work closely with Prof. Ottersten and the SIGCOM team at SnT. This will require contributing to research, innovations, technology transfer, and management activities at SnT. English is the working language of this international laboratory.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering with focus on wireless communications.
- Experience in building and leading a research group including successful research project acquisition from diverse and competitive sources.
- Documented research expertise in satellite communications and experience in one or more of the following topics:
- Multi-antenna Signal Processing
- Radio Resource Allocation
- Dynamic Spectrum Management
- Excellent publication record in top-tier conferences and journals.
- Experience in leading bilateral collaborative research with industry.
- Experience managing relationships with international/industrial/public partners.
- Experience in technology transfer validating research outcomes in realistic environments.
- Proficient in English and in one of the two official languages of Luxembourg: French or German
- A motivating and interesting position within an international research environment
- Member of an expanding and dynamic team of highly motivated people
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in English by sending your CV, motivation letter, copies of diplomas, list of publications, list of research projects and a list of taught courses.
Deadline for applications: 17 May 2019
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/26cdh