Context of interventionAs a key player in research and innovation in Luxembourg, the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), with its employees, is active in the domains of materials, the environment and IT. As an RTO (Research and Technology Organization) and with its interdisciplinary impact-driven approach, LIST contributes to the development of Luxembourg’s economy and society.
The Materials Research and Technology Department (MRT) translates cutting-edge materials research into applicable technology, with about 180 collaborators. For this, the department cultivates close relationships and joint projects with both academic and industrial partners, and contributes to Luxembourg’s and Europe’s innovation agenda in Materials Research and Technology.
MRT’s platforms, as a transversal entity, offer a combination of recognized scientific and technological competencies and cutting-edge equipment in the field of advanced characterization, testing, composite manufacturing and prototype engineering.
The engineer will join our advanced characterization platform for supporting the activities related to organic/polymer synthesis through the Nuclear Magnetic Resonance characterization.
The candidate will carry out NMR analyses (liquid and solid state). She/he will actively participate to the development of new methodologies in the framework of research projects carried out with internal and/or external partners. The responsibilities of the engineer will also include:
- Preparing the samples to be analysed by NMR
- Performing service work and writing related reports, requested by industrial partners
- Interpretating the analysis results
- Participating to the laboratory and equipment management
- Documenting and archiving the results and related data, including the writing of reports requested internally
- Master in the field of chemistry or equivalent experience
- Experience of 5 years in an industrial or RTO environment
- Experience in organic/polymer synthesis as well as on a related analytical characterization technique (NMR)
- Hands-on experience in liquid and solid state NMR experiments
- Collaborative skills, proactive, taking initiative, result oriented, good organizational skills and capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Either English or French is mandatory
- Knowledge of Luxembourgish is considered to be an asset