Department: Cell Engineering
Location: Sophia-Antipolis, FR
Start date: ASAP
The individual will be responsible for supporting the Director with designing and conducting experiments to develop edited CAR-Tregs for our immunology programs. She/he will: conduct experiments which may involve coordinating a complex experimental protocol; collaborate with the Director and the project/development team to design gene editing approaches and integrate results in the project; Develop, test, and evaluate new protocols and methods by remaining up to date on relevant new literature and transfer new protocols to the development team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Design research approaches involving gene editing of Tregs, including background research, experimental design and execution, problem-solving, and writing up for reports, patents and publications.
- Develop new protocols; test and evaluate a variety of approaches.
- Perform complex experiments and maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes; analyze and interpret research data resulting from original procedures and methods.
- Participate in the technical transfer of research approaches to the process development team.
- Perform ongoing literature review to remain current with new procedures and related research; propose new research directions based on new advances discussed in literature.
- Supervise a technician/assistant engineer.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ph.D in Biological Sciences and at least three years of research experiences related to gene editing, cell engineering, molecular and cellular biology, vectorology (AAV, lentivirus) and immunology.
- Comprehensive understanding of biological sciences principles and expert level of knowledge and skills in field of science related to research projects.
- Must be a self-motivated, adaptable, and able to work in an innovative and challenging scientific environment.
- Strong organizational, collaborative, and time management skills.
- Strong ability to write and communicate effectively.
- Experience with softwares (Geneious, Snapgene, FlowJo, GraphPad, Illustrator)
- Good publication record and excellent references
· Fluent English required / French speaking is a plus
- Preferred :
- Solid background in gene and cell therapy.
- Solid background in gene editing.
- Experience with cell engineering.
- Experience with next generation sequencing and data analysis.
- Experience with vectorology (Lentivirus, AAV)
Candidates should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, including a motivation statement (1 page)
- Detailed CV, including a summary of candidate’s research experience, list of publications and communications
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer