University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna – responsibility for Humans and Nature. We work for the sustainable use and protection of natural resources.
The Department of Economics and Social Sciences, Institute of Forest, Environmental and Natural Resource Policy (InFER) wishes to fill a career position in compliance with § 99 (5) UG (tenure-track) in the field of
Political Science with a focus on European environmental and energy policies
Working time: 40 hours a week
Term of the employment relationship: limited to a period of 6 years
Allocation in compliance with the Collective Agreement for University Staff to job group: B1 lit. b
Gross monthly salary (depending on previous eligible experience) at least: € 3,803.90 (14 x a year, in addition we also offer an attractive career development programme and an extensive range of social benefits)
§99 (5) positions offer academics with high potential and the relevant achievements the opportunity of an academic carrier ranging from a postdoc position to that of assistant professor and on to associated professor. The position of associated professor can be achieved at the latest six years after the appointment. §99 (5) positions are aimed at academics with a doctorate/PhD degree, with high potential, who are close to or have already successfully completed a habilitation. Experience at other universities or research institutes abroad is expressly welcome.
Tasks and focus areas
- Research in the field of Political Science with a focus on European environmental and energy policies
- Independent teaching in German and English
- Teaching and supervision or co-supervision of final papers within the scope of legal possibilities
- Transfer of knowledge and the promotion of junior researchers in line with the social responsibility of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- Assumption of administrative tasks within the framework of university self-administration
- Acquisition and management of competitively funded national and international research projects
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary competence areas at BOKU University, as well as in national and international networks
- Completed doctorate in a relevant field
- Sound professional experience in the scientific field as a postdoc
- Excellent publication achievements as well as international orientation and recognition
- Willingness and ability to lead your own research team incl. the necessary funding this requires (third-party funding)
- Enthusiasm for outstanding teaching
- Research focus on policy analyses, comparative political science and/or implementation research in the fields of European Union environmental and energy policies
Other desired qualifications
- Experience abroad as well as in teaching and leadership at universities and research institutions
- Basic knowledge on one or more of the existing research areas of InFER, among them sustainability, climate, nature protection, water and forest policies (the latter with regard to the works of the Forest Policy Research Network of the European Forest Institute/EFI with a regional focus on Eastern and South-eastern Europe)
- Research on participation, social mobilization and civil society related to environmental and energy policies
- Experience in taking an active role in the scientific community
Publication date: 10th of October 2019
Closing date for applications: 14th of November 2019
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please submit your application in English incl.
- Curriculum vitae with detailed presentation of professional, teaching and research activities
- List of all publications (refereed & non-refereed), lectures and projects
- Electronic transmission of the PDF files of five own publications which you consider to be particularly important
- Rough concept for future plans in research and teaching including your contribution to the scientific profile of the Department
- Teaching portfolio including evaluation results
- Brief explanation why you think you should be particularly suitable for this position (max. 1 page)
and indicating the reference code 180 to email@example.com until 14th of November 2019.
Applicants are not entitled to reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs incurred as a result of the selection procedure.