University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna – responsibility for Humans and Nature. We work for the sustainable use and protection of natural resources.
The Department of Landscape, Spatial and Infrastructure Sciences, Institute of Landscape Development, Recreation and Conservation Planning wishes to fill a career position in compliance with § 99 (5) UG (tenure-track) in the field of
Nature Conservation Planning with a focus on Environmental Precautions
Working time: 40 hours a week
Term of the employment relationship: limited to a period of 6 years
Allocation in compliance with the Collective Agreement for University Staff to job group: B1 lit. b
Gross monthly salary (depending on previous eligible experience) at least: € 3,889.50 (14 x a year, in addition we also offer an attractive career development programme and an extensive range of social benefits)
§99 (5) positions offer academics with high potential and the relevant achievements the opportunity of an academic carrier ranging from a postdoc position to that of assistant professor and on to associated professor. The position of associated professor can be achieved at the latest six years after the appointment. §99 (5) positions are aimed at academics with a doctorate/PhD degree, with high potential, who are close to or have already successfully completed a habilitation. Experience at other universities or research institutes abroad is expressly welcome.
Tasks and focus areas
- Research in the field of Nature Conservation Planning with a focus on Environmental Precautions
- Development of planning-based approaches for the protection of species and habitats as well as precautionary environmental protection and evaluation instruments
- Developing new fields of research within co-creation and planning of biodiversity supporting approaches and ecological design
- Planning, development, analysis and monitoring of compensation models in nature conservation
- Integration and research of nature conservation planning aspects of sport, recreational and tourism activities (recreation ecology)
- Teaching and supervision or co-supervision of final papers within the scope of legal possibilities
- Transfer of knowledge and the promotion of junior researchers in line with the social responsibility of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- Assumption of administrative tasks within the framework of university self-administration
- Acquisition and management of competitively funded national and international research projects
- Completed doctorate in a relevant field
- Degree in landscape planning and -architecture, nature conservation planning, environmental and bioresource management, biology, wildlife biology, geography, agricultural or forest sciences with a focus on vegetation ecology and/or faunistic fields or equivalent focus
- Sound professional experience in the scientific field as a postdoc
- Excellent publication achievements as well as international orientation and recognition
- Willingness and ability to lead your own research team incl. the necessary funding this requires (third-party funding)
- Enthusiasm for outstanding teaching
- In-depth knowledge of nature conservation planning
Other desired qualifications
- Experience abroad as well as in teaching and leadership at universities and research institutions
- Experience in planning methodology
- Practical experience (internships, employment) in planning offices, with public authorities or similar
Closing date for applications: 17th of March 2020
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please submit your application in English incl.
- Curriculum vitae with detailed presentation of professional, teaching and research activities
- List of all publications (refereed & non-refereed), lectures and projects
- Electronic transmission of the PDF files of five own publications which you consider to be particularly important
- Rough concept for future plans in research and teaching including your contribution to the scientific profile of the Department
- Teaching portfolio including evaluation results
- Brief explanation why you think you should be particularly suitable for this position (max. 1 page)
and indicating the reference code 28 to firstname.lastname@example.org until 17th of March 2020.
Applicants are not entitled to reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs incurred as a result of the selection procedure.www.boku.ac.at