University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna – responsibility for Humans and Nature. We work for the sustainable use and protection of natural resources.
The Department of Integrative Biology and Biodiversity Research, Institute of Wildlife Biology and Game Management wishes to fill a career position in compliance with § 99 (5) UG (tenure-track) in the field of:
Modelling sustainable wildlife management strategies with a focus on Conservation of endangered mammals and birds, control of conflict species, sustainable use of game
Working time: 40 hours a week
Term of the employment relationship: 1st of January 2020, limited to a period of 6 years
Allocation in compliance with the Collective Agreement for University Staff to job group: B1 lit. b
Gross monthly salary (depending on previous eligible experience) at least: € 3,803.90 (14 x a year, in addition we also offer an attractive career development programme and an extensive range of social benefits)
§99 (5) positions offer academics with high potential and the relevant achievements the opportunity of an academic carrier ranging from a postdoc position to that of assistant professor and on to associated professor. The position of associated professor can be achieved at the latest six years after the appointment. §99 (5) positions are aimed at academics with a doctorate/PhD degree, with high potential, who are close to or have already successfully completed a habilitation. Experience at other universities or research institutes abroad is expressly welcome.
Tasks and focus areas
- Research in the field of modelling sustainable wildlife management strategies with a focus on conservation of endangered mammals and birds, control of conflict species, sustainable use of game
- Teaching and supervision or co-supervision of final papers within the scope of legal possibilities
- Transfer of knowledge and the promotion of junior researchers in line with the social responsibility of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- Assumption of administrative tasks within the framework of university self-administration
- Acquisition and management of competitively funded national and international research projects
- Completed doctorate in a relevant field
- Sound professional experience in the scientific field as a postdoc
- Excellent publication achievements as well as international orientation and recognition
- Willingness and ability to lead your own research team incl. the necessary funding this requires (third-party funding)
- Enthusiasm for outstanding teaching
- Solid command of German and English language
- Expertise in Bayesian statistics (e.g. hierarchical modelling), decision analysis (multi-criteria decision analysis, optimization), population modelling, matrix modelling, occupancy modelling
- Research and teaching expertise in the field of sustainable development, especially in the three dimensions of sustainability (ecology, economy, socioculture)
Other desired qualifications
- Experience abroad as well as in teaching and leadership at universities and research institutions
Publication date: 11th of April 2019
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please submit your application in English incl.
- Informal application with short description why you feel to be especially suitable for this position
- Research and teaching concept
- Publication list
- Documentation of teaching expertise
and indicating the reference code 69 to email@example.com .
Applicants are not entitled to reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs incurred as a result of the selection procedure.