University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna – responsibility for Humans and Nature. We work for the sustainable use and protection of natural resources.
The Department of Landscape, Spatial and Infrastructure Sciences, Institute of Landscape Planning wishes to fill a career position in compliance with § 99 (5) UG (tenure-track) in the field of Landscape planning with a focus on structuralist landscape planning for sustainable land use planning
§99 (5) positions offer academics with high potential and the relevant achievements the opportunity of an academic carrier ranging from a postdoc position to that of assistant professor and on to associated professor. The position of associated professor can be achieved at the latest six years after the appointment. §99 (5) positions are aimed at academics with a doctorate/PhD degree, with high potential, who are close to or have already successfully completed a habilitation. Experience at other universities or research institutes abroad is expressly welcome.
Tasks and focus areas
- Research in the field of landscape planning with a focus on structuralist landscape planning for sustainable land use planning
- Research on and further development of critical theory and methodology of landscape planning for sustainable land usage
- landscape planning surveys of challenges and solutions for land uses in rural and urban areas
- Research on planning instruments on strategic, regional and communal level as well as
- contribution to subject related planning fields with consideration of cooperation and participatory planning processes
- Teaching and supervision or co-supervision of final papers within the scope of legal possibilities
- Transfer of knowledge and the promotion of junior researchers in line with the social responsibility of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
- Assumption of administrative tasks within the framework of university self-administration
- Acquisition and management of competitively funded national and international research projects
- Completed doctorate in a relevant field
- Sound professional experience in the scientific field as a postdoc
- Excellent publication achievements as well as international orientation and recognition
- Willingness and ability to lead your own research team incl. the necessary funding this requires (third-party funding)
- Enthusiasm for outstanding teaching
- Competence in landscape planning
- Planning practice
Other desired qualifications
- Experience abroad as well as in teaching and leadership at universities and research institutions
- Gender and diversity competence
Additional informations :
Working time: 40 hours a week
Term of the employment relationship: limited to a period of 6 years
Allocation in compliance with the Collective Agreement for University Staff to job group: B1 lit. b
Gross monthly salary (depending on previous eligible experience) at least: € 3,803.90 (14 x a year, in addition we also offer an attractive career development programme and an extensive range of social benefits)
Closing date for applications: 26th of November 2019
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please submit your application in English incl
- Curriculum vitae with detailed presentation of professional, teaching and research activities
- List of all publications (refereed & non-refereed), lectures and projects
- Electronic transmission of the PDF files of five own publications which you consider to be particularly important
- Rough concept for future plans in research and teaching including your contribution to the scientific profile of the Department
- Teaching portfolio including evaluation results
- Brief explanation why you think you should be particularly suitable for this position (max. 1 page)
and indicating the reference code 181 to firstname.lastname@example.org until 26th of November 2019.
Applicants are not entitled to reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs incurred as a result of the selection procedure.