The laboratory of Dr. Dennis Adeegbe at the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Immunology in Tampa, Florida seeks to recruit a Postdoctoral Fellow to contribute to immuno-oncology research efforts.
The main focus of the lab is to understand the immunological and molecular landscape of solid tumor microenvironment with the goal of manipulating the immune component to promote anti-tumor immunity. In this regard, syngeneic, orthotopic and genetically engineered mouse models as well as patient specimen are employed in both basic and translational studies of melanoma, lung, and prostate cancers. The lab utilizes an array of cellular, molecular, biochemical, and genomic analytical techniques to interrogate pertinent questions in a number of in vitro and in vivo studies.
• Conduct independent and collaborative studies in an Immunology lab focusing on both basic and clinically-relevant translational studies.
• Opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced lab and acquire additional experience in Immuno-Oncology by contributing to projects and studies related to understanding the cancer immune environment.
• Be involved in exciting projects to understand Treg immunobiology in solid cancers and studies exploring novel immunotherapeutic strategies.
• Participation at scientific meetings, membership in relevant scientific organizations, and applying for training grants will be encouraged and supported.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Will have solid experience working with lab animals and expertise in one or more of the following analytical techniques:
o Multi-parameter flow cytometry; sample staining and acquisition, knowledge of analytical software such as Flowjo is a plus.
o Mouse and human cell culture; both primary cells as well as cell lines.
o Isolation of immune cell populations.
o Elispot or Luminex-based assays for cytokine/chemokine assessments.
o Immunofluorescent staining, imaging and fluorescent microscopy.
• Familiarity with murine syngeneic and genetically engineered models of lung/skin cancers as well as allografts/xenografts is a plus.
• Familiarity with genomic analytical platforms such as Nanostring, RNA-sequencing and gene editing techniques (shRNA, siRNA) also a plus.
• Perform investigational studies utilizing animal models and patient specimen to understand the tumor microenvironment.
• Execute experiments independently and contribute to collaborative projects. Write manuscripts for publishing.
• Train and supervise junior staff and participate in overall lab management.
• Analyze and present data at local and national meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Successfully applicants will have Ph.D. and/or M.D. in Immunology, Cellular/Molecular Biology, or related fields with proven track record of productivity in form of publication in reputable journals. Hands-on-experience in laboratory research and good computer skills are required.
How to Apply: A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should apply to Req 33274 and include a single PDF file of their current CV with publications list, and contact information for three references. For further inquiries, please email Dennis.Adeegbe@moffitt.org.