Two funded postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Elsa R. Flores in the Department of Molecular Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. The research project is focused on understanding the functions of the p53 family in regulation of non-coding RNAs on tumor development, progression, and metastasis. Projects will also involve the investigation of non-coding RNAs and their impact on tumor metabolism and tumor immunology and are funded by an NCI Outstanding Investigator Grant awarded to Dr. Flores.
For more information about eh Department of Molecular Oncology –
• Working with novel mouse models of human cancer
• Unique access to cancer patient samples
• Opportunity to translate basic science findings into clinical trials
The Ideal Candidate:
• Has an RNA biology background
• Interest in learning mouse models of human cancer
• Has a strong work ethic and commitment to the mission of contributing to a cure for cancer
• Work independently and apply sophisticated biology skills to carry out a research project
• Mentor and teach other trainees including undergraduate and graduate students in the laboratory
• Independently design experiments
• Prepare data for presentations and manuscripts for publication
Credentials and Qualifications:
• PhD or MD/PhD in Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or Genetics
The Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, has an outstanding research environment and is the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in Florida. Established research cores in Molecular Genomics, Gene Targeting, Flow Cytometry, Proteomics, Metabolomics and Microscopy support interdisciplinary research and interactive collaborations between researchers and clinicians to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Elsa R. Flores (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Be part of Moffitt Cancer Center’s mission – contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer…