A postdoctoral position is currently available in the laboratory of Dr. Jennifer Binning in the Department of Molecular Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. The research project is focused on understanding how Human Papillomavirus (HPV) hijacks cellular ubiquitination complexes to cause cancer. Project will utilize protein biochemistry and structural biology to identify new pathogenic mechanisms that will guide the development of diagnostics and therapeutics.
For more information about the Department of Molecular Oncology –
• Unique access to cancer patient samples.
• Opportunity to translate basic science findings into clinical trials.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Has a background in biochemistry and structural biology, perferable in x-ray crystallography.
• Has interest in learning ubiquin biology and reconstituting multiprotein complexes.
• Has a strong work ethic, has good written and verbal skills, and can work both independently and as part of a team.
• Independently design experiments.
• Apply sophisticated biochemical skills to carry out a research project.
• Mentor and teach other trainees in the laboratory.
• Prepare data for presentations and manuscripts for publication.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• PhD or MD/PhD in Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field.
The Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, has an outstanding research environment and is a NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. Moffitt’s Center for Immunization and Infection Research in Cancer (CIIRC) brings experts together to accelerate the development and dissemination of vaccines to prevent and treat cancer, and to improve the diagnosis and treatment of infection-related cancers. Established research cores in Molecular Genomics, Gene Targeting, Flow Cytometry, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Microscopy, and Chemical Biology support interdisciplinary research and interactive collaborations between researchers and clinicians to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
How to Apply:
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Jennifer Binning (Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org).