The Catolica Biomedical Research Center (CBR) is seeking for independent researchers, to be recruited as Group Leaders (equivalent to Assistant Professor tenure-track position). . CBR was created in 2022 with the ambition to develop a collaborative and multidisciplinary research environment where both wet and dry biological sciences synergize to drive hypothesis-driven basic and translational research towards better human health. We are looking for researchers in the following topics:
- Data Science
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
What we are looking for
We are looking for highly motivated and qualified researchers, at various levels of their career stage*, with the following attributes:
- Strong publication track-record in any of the fields of interest, with an in-depth knowledge, skills and experience, confirmed by solid indicators of research independence;
- Clear demonstration of interdisciplinary collaboration, able to bridge multiple fields in medical and biological sciences;
- International research experience and demonstration of integration in relevant international scientific communities;
- Show excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, including mentoring and peer interaction;
* the candidate career stage will be taken in consideration when analyzing each attribute.
What we offer
CBR will offer an initial 5-year appointment at the Catolica Medical School with a tenure track Assistant Researcher position (equivalent to Assistant Professor), with maximum of 20% of teaching duties. The initial appointment can lead to a permanent position upon positive evaluation.
Selected candidates will manage their research team and enjoy scientific independence and freedom in solving challenging scientific problems. They will have a dedicated laboratory space, access to modern research facilities and be supported by a start-up package.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to submit the following documents, as a single PDF file, to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae including the description of up to 5 main contributions to science (max. 2 pages). Full publication list included as annex.
- Research proposal (max. 3 pages, excluding references)
- Contacts of 3 references
The call of interest is open until 15th September 2022.
Applications will be reviewed by the CBR Board of Directors assisted by CBR Scientific Advisory Board and all candidates will be contacted within one month after the call deadline.
Promising candidates will be invited for interview.
The Catolica Biomedical Research Center (CBR) is a research unit of the Faculty of Medicine of the Universidade Catolica Portuguesa. CBR empowers talented investigators to combine innovative technologies that bridge medicine, data science, biology and engineering. CBR currently gathers about 50 researchers and it is aiming to grow towards 150-200 researchers in next 5 years. CBR is focused on excellence and innovation. Current CBR investigators have wide international-level research experience and are well integrated in transnational scientific networks, having secured 5 ERC grants, 2 la Caixa Health research grants, 1 Leducq Foundation International Networks of Excellence.
CBR fosters an open collaboration within the triangle made of medical education, research, and clinics, and together with Hospital da Luz take part in the first non-governmental Clinical Academic Center in Portugal – Catolica Luz.
CBR is currently hosted at Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia campus in Oeiras and have access to highly specialised and state-of-the-art infrastructure, such as advanced light and electron microscopy, flow cytometry, genomics, and animal facilities.