In order to facilitate gender equality, Nagoya University is seeking a female faculty member who can play a leading role in conducting research. The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include teaching and administrative duties, as well as pursuing her own research.
Number of Position: One from the following two fields
Field of Research:
1) Animal Science : Full or Associate Professor
2) Energy Science and Engineering※: Full Professor
※ Please check the below URL for details:
The successful candidate will be affiliated with the below graduate school.
1) Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences (http://www.agr.nagoya-u.ac.jp/index-e.html)
2) Graduate School of Engineering (https://www.engg.nagoya-u.ac.jp/en/index.html)
Starting Date: Early date in the 2020 academic year
Working Status: Permanent
Salary: Annual salary system (subject to Nagoya University pay rules for teaching staff working as a professor, associate professor, lecturer, assistant professor or research associate covered under the annual salary system)
Deadline for Applications: 17:00 JST, November 25, 2019. Applications from outside Japan must also be received by 17:00 JST on that date. Please electronically submit a complete set of application materials by this time.
1) Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in a relevant field.
2) Applicants must be capable of teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
＊For those applying for the position in engineering, please visit the below URL for more details:
1. Application form: (http://www.kyodo-sankaku.provost.nagoya-u.ac.jp/activities/pi/index_e.html)
2. Curriculum Vitae (including mailing address, phone number, and email address)
3. List of academic activities: 1) academic papers (divided into refereed and non-refereed papers), 2) books and reviews (divided into refereed and non-refereed papers), 3) proceedings (divided into refereed and non-refereed proceedings), 4) noteworthy conference presentations (mark keynote and invited talks), 5) awards, and 6) other significant related matters (e.g., patents)
4. Copies of five major publications
5. List of teaching activities (including courses taught and supervision)
6. Summary of past research activities (A4-size, up to three pages)
7. Future research plan (A4-size, up to two pages)
8. Teaching statement (A4-size, one page)
9. Academic activities and contribution to society (e.g., committee members for academic conferences and symposia)
10. List of external funding (specify the amount of direct expenses and names of PI. If you are not a PI, specify the allotted amount of direct expenses as well)
11. Names of and contact information for two referees for the applicant (including mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address)
Electrical submission is preferred. Please make a password-protected PDF file of a complete set of application materials and electrically submit the PDF file to the following e-mail address. Please be sure to send us another file indicating a password. Further when a file size exceeds 10MB, such as sharing a file with 2, please do and remit me. If electronic submission is not possible, a hard-copy submission by post is acceptable if sent to the postal address shown below:
・ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
・ Postal address: Gender Research Library 2F, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya,
Aichi 464-8601, Japan
＊ Electronic submission by e-mail:
Please type “Application Documents for Female PI” in the subject line.
Applications must be sent as one attached PDF file. If your file is more than 10 MB, please inform us in advance.
If you do not receive confirmation of receipt by e-mail within three days after your submission, please let us know.
＊ Postal Submission:
Postal submissions must be sent in an envelope marked in red “Application Documents for Female PI” by registered or certified mail. Please enclose not only a hard-copy but also a digital copy (saved in a DVD, a USB stick, etc.) of all the application materials in the envelope.
On-campus childcare support:
In order to promote gender equality and work-life balance, Nagoya University provides childcare services, including nursery schools (for children aged 0 to 6 years) and an after-school daycare center (for elementary school-aged children).
Contact for Inquiries: For further information, please contact us by e-mail.
Center for Gender Equality (email@example.com)
Screening and Selection Procedure:
• Finalist(s) will be interviewed after the application materials have been reviewed.
• Any personal information obtained in the course of recruitment will be kept confidential and used solely for the purpose of screening, and will be destroyed once the recruitment process is completed (for those candidates who are not successful).