Faculty of Applied Sciences
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience, Delft University of Technology
CALL FOR FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS
KIND Quantum-Bio Postdoctoral Fellow Program of the Kavli Institute of Nanoscience Delft
A postdoctoral fellowship program has been established for quantum-bio projects at the Kavli Institute of Nanoscience Delft (KIND). KIND Postdoctoral Fellows are high‐profile, two‐year postdoctoral positions with significant independence and resources. The KIND Postdoctoral Fellows program is designed to attract the best and brightest young researchers in nanoscale science to Delft. Fellows will work in partnership with Delft faculty on a nanoscience project that involves both quantum and biological nanoscience research at KIND. Funds for running budget and travel will be available.
The KIND Postdoctoral Fellow program entails:
• A competitive salary for the KIND Postdoctoral Fellow for 2 years (one step higher than standard postdoc salaries at TU Delft).
• Travel and expendables budget of 5 k€ per year for the KIND Fellow.
• Mentoring by the two involved faculty members of KIND.
Prospective postdoc candidates are invited to write and submit a brief proposal. Proposals can be made for a 2-year project to be carried out with the support of two (or more) KIND faculty members, one working in the field of quantum nanoscience and one working in bionanoscience. Proposals can be sent in once a year, with an annual deadline of September 1. In addition to the project proposal description, applications should include a cover letter motivating why the candidate is interested in applying for a KIND Postdoctoral Fellowship, a CV with publication list, names and email addresses of three references, and a brief support letter from the two (or more) Kavli faculty members that support the proposal. Note that applicants should coordinate closely with the latter faculty members in order to align their independent proposal with the research of the hosts. While the call specifically invites external candidates to apply, internal candidates are eligible as well, provided that they will not merely continue their current project but start a new project. More information can be found on www.kavli.tudelft.nl
The proposals will be judged on: (in no particular order)
• Eligibility: Is the proposal indeed a nanoscience project that fits KIND’s mission, will it be carried out at KIND, and is it supervised by two or more KIND faculty members, one working in the field of quantum nanoscience and one working in bionanoscience?
• Scientific track record of the postdoc candidate.
• Scientific quality and originality of the proposed project.
• Synergetic benefit for KIND, i.e., will it connect across the bio/quantum disciplines?
Information and application
The next call will close on September 1, 2019. For questions on the KIND postdoctoral fellowships, feel free to contact us. Pre-inquiries may help significantly to discuss the suitability of a candidature and project to this call. Contact : Lieven Vandersypen, Director KIND, email L.M.K.Vandersypen@tudelft.nl and Chirlmin Joo, Director KIND, email C.Joo@tudelft.nl