- Within the department R&D Reagents you are a scientific member of a group which is responsible for the development of products and processes for regenerative medicine applications.
- You are developing strategies for the production and optimization of cell culture media and cultivation processes for generation of induced pluripotent stem cell derived hematopoietic stem cells (iPSC-derived HSC) both for research and clinical applications.
- To ensure the success of your newly developed products, you interact with other R&D groups, as well as other departments like marketing, production and quality control.
- After establishing crucial methods and processes your task will entail the assembling of your own team, which will be capable of developing innovative approaches and solutions based on your prior work.
- You plan and carry out your experiments independently, but closely collaborate with your colleagues. Also, you will present your results in internal group and interdisciplinary meetings as well as at international congresses.
- You have successfully completed your PhD in the field of Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology and have gained relevant scientific experience in the past.
- Stem cell biology is your field of expertise. Especially, pluripotent stem cell biology, hematopoietic stem cell differentiation, hematopoiesis and in vivo models of hematopoietic reconstitution excite you.
- Ideally, you have gained practical experience in PSC-derived HSC differentiation.
- You are highly driven by your scientific curiosity and you are passionate about the initiation and coordination of projects in the context of clinical and research applications.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work within a team but also interdisciplinary and very good English language skills complete your profile.
What we offer
- A modern workplace and exciting opportunities in the development of technologies with a secure future
- Cross-border intercultural cooperation and short communication channels
- A collegial corporate culture and flexible working hours enable time management on your own terms
- Personalized employee development program: specialist and personal training courses provided by our own training academy
- Diverse corporate benefits with regard to employee health, sport, and staff events
If you have the skills and qualifications for this position, please use the link to send us your details (application letter, curriculum vitae, references and certificates). Please give us some idea of when you can start and the kind of salary you are looking for.
Progress prospers with inspiration and curiosity. For 30 years Miltenyi Biotec has been developing products and services that are used in basic research, translational research and cell therapy. Today we are a team of more than 3,000 scientists, physicians, engineers, marketers and numerous other specialists. At Miltenyi Biotec, innovative ideas are being turned into cutting edge products. Together, we are passionate about driving biomedical progress towards curing severe diseases.