We are offering a position in a stimulating scientific environment situated at the interface between cutting edge academic research and applied research in one of the world leading pharmaceutical companies. Cellzome, a centre of excellence for Omics technologies of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), is located at the EMBL campus in Heidelberg, Germany. We are looking for a highly motivated staff scientist to work on immune profiling using multi-omics methods in the context of immune-oncology and inflammatory diseases. Multi-Omic profiling methods such as single cell analyses are revolutionizing our understanding of biology by providing an unparalleled depth in the analysis of cell type and cell state heterogeneity.These methods will be applied to support target identification and validation as well as biomarker discovery in GSK Pharma R&D.
- You will work on projects aiming at characterizing disease biology by applying most advanced multi-omics technologies and integrating multi-dimensional datasets.
- You are expected to develop experimental and analysis strategies, bring innovative ideas, lead internal projects, and manage external collaborations.
- The position has a strong focus on method development for profiling of immune cells by single cell analysis methods, including imaging analysis of tissue sections.
- You have a strong background in cellular immunology in the context of oncology and inflammatory diseases.
- You are experienced with immune profiling, complex multi-omics datasets and are familiar with advanced single cell or multiparametric image analysis technologies.
- You hold a PhD and/or MD (or foreign equivalent) degree in immunology, immune-oncology or related discipline.
- You have an excellent track record of research accomplishments
- You are skilled in planning and execution of multiple research projects
- You are interested to lead internal and external collaborations
- You like to work in a matrix organisation (multidisciplinary and collaborative environment)
- You bring exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- You have gained knowledge of bioinformatic tools and system biology