We are looking for a highly self-motivated, energetic and creative biologist with deep immune-oncology expertise to take part in the discovery of novel therapeutics approaches. The position will be based at Cellzome, a center of excellence for Omics technologies of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), at the EMBL campus in Heidelberg, Germany. We offer a unique opportunity to develop and apply cutting edge technologies at Cellzome and in collaboration with leading research institutions in the Heidelberg area.
Understanding of the interaction between immune cells and tumor are key to determine whether an immune therapy can be successful. We aim to set up advanced in vitro models that closely mimic the tumor micro-environment (TME) to help characterizing factors that regulate tumor-associated immune cells. These models will allow us to assess the impact of anti-cancer therapeutics by applying most advanced multi-parametric technologies.
You are expected to:
- perform hands-on experimentation using a wide range of molecular and cellular techniques, in particular the development of human cell- and tissue-based in vitro models for TME phenotyping
- develop experimental and analysis strategies
- make significant intellectual contributions towards strategies and bring innovative ideas
- build and maintain productive relationships with project team members in different areas and locations
- identify, establish, and manage external collaborations with academic partners or contract research laboratories
- present scientific results in a variety of settings, both internal and external, as appropriate.
You have a strong background in immune-oncology and tissue in vitro models, are experienced in immune profiling, and are familiar with advanced single cell multi-parametric analysis technologies.
- You hold a PhD and/or MD (or foreign equivalent) degree in immunology or related discipline
- You possess 3-6 years of postdoctoral experience and an excellent track record of research accomplishments
- You are skilled in planning and execution of multiple research projects
- You are interested to lead internal and external collaborations
- You like to work in a matrix organization (multidisciplinary and collaborative environment)
- You bring exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- You have gained knowledge of bioinformatic tools and system biology
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.