The Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) is a joint venture of the Charité Universitätsmedizin and the Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) for interdisciplinary translational system medicine.
For BIH Bioinformatics, we are looking for two
Bioinformaticians (f/m/d) – Single Cell Data Analysis
The core unit bioinformatics is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual to join us. As a Bioinformatician (f/m/d) for Single Cell Data Analysis you will contribute to advancing single cell technology towards clinical applications. In this position, you will perform interdisciplinary research projects in close collaboration with the lab of Nils Blüthgen and improve the involved bioinformatics workflows. The ideal candidate will be a team player with excellent understanding of NGS data processing and in depth interdisciplinary analyses (e.g., pathways, lineages, differential expression, kinetics, multi-modal data).
- analyze project needs and translate biomedical questions into bioinformatics projects
- design, implement and deploy data analysis workflows
- select and benchmark methods and tools, define and perform appropriate QC measures
- develop innovative analysis approaches when standard methods are not adequate
- contribute to automation of processing and results reporting
- interpret and present analysis results to coworkers and collaborators
- PhD in bioinformatics or comparable skills
- in depth understanding of computational methods for NGS analysis and the usage of public data resources, Good understanding of NGS wet-lab protocols is a plus
- good knowledge in multivariate statistics and (sparse) linear algebra (PCA, factor analysis, clustering)
- demonstrated ability to work with and troubleshoot academic open source software packages; Experience with single cell data analysis is a plus
- good programming skills in R and/or Python; Demonstrated ability to create and maintain high quality, readable, and documented code
- sound experience with HPC environments, pipelines and large scale data management
- team-oriented with excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- willingness to keep learning
Appointments are made for an initial period of 2 years with possibility of extension.
Salaries are set according to TVÖD level 13.
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Dieter Beule firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, send your application including all documents to email@example.com as one pdf file indicating the registration number 11181/2019 before the 15th of December.