The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) of the University of Luxembourg has created a local representation in the European bioinformatics infrastructure ELIXIR. This Luxembourgish ELXIR Node, hosted in the LCSB, is dedicated to translational medicine data management and provide infrastructure, training and services.
The Bioinformatics Core Facility of the LCSB is expanding its research activities and is seeking a highly motivated a developer/researcher (Position: Research and Development specialist on project).
Bioinformatician/data scientist for research support and training (m/f)
The successful developer/researcher will be engaged in the following research activities:
- To run projects for the BMBF-funded project TreatION and to expand the training program of Elixir-Luxembourg in collaboration with our European partners
- Conduct small research projects in the Bioinformatics in data analysis of translational data
- Be involved in providing technical training to experimental researchers
Please address further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Master degree in bioinformatics or related biological disciplines and extensive experience in translational research environments
- Solid experience in data analysis environments commonly used in bioinformatics and systems biology, strong in either Python, R or Matlab as well as the Unix environments
- A strong working knowledge of statistical concepts
- Laboratory experience in omics environments – sequencing, transcriptomics or proteomics is a plus
- Familiarity with training environments, e.g. as instructor for Carpentry courses, Elixir Train-the-Trainer courses or as teacher in university-level education
- Interdisciplinary communication and presentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of English
- Fully funded position at the Bioinformatics Core Facility of the LCSB, headed by Prof. Reinhard Schneider
- A multi-disciplinary international research environment, connecting institutes in Luxembourg and Europe through Elixir
- The University of Luxembourg offers competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer
Applications (in English) should contain the following documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Copy of master degree
Please apply online until 15/11/2019.