The University of Cologne offers a wide range of scientific disciplines and internationally leading profile areas organized in six faculties. At the Faculty of Medicine 1.800 scientists are engaged in research, ranging from basic sciences to clinical application, as well as teaching and health care. Together with the University Hospital Cologne the faculty maintains 58 clinics, research institutes and centres. 3.400 students study in this dynamic and innovative environment. The Faculty of Medicine and the University Hospital Cologne are embedded in the scientifically highly active Rhine region. They have strong contacts to and alliances with the surrounding universities and non-university research institutions guaranteeing scientific excellence in research and teaching.
The “Cluster of Excellence on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging-Associated Diseases” (CECAD) is seeking applications for a full-time
Bioinformatician (m/f) specialized in Metabolomics/Lipidomics
The contract is limited until 31.12.2025
The mission of CECAD is to unravel common molecular mechanisms underlying life span regulation and aging-associated diseases. The research at CECAD heavily relies on the global profiling of the metabolome in model organisms by state-of-the-art mass spectrometric techniques.
The successful applicant will closely collaborate with the CECAD Lipidomics/Metabolomics Core Facility as well as other bioinformaticians within the CECAD cluster.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development, implementation and application of workflows for data processing and statistical analysis of large scale metabolomics/lipidomics data sets
- Development and application of bioinformatic tools for the visualization of metabolomics/lipidomics data, biological network modeling and pathway mapping
- Development and maintenance of a web-based portal for sample submission, project and data management
- Collaborating with the users of the facility and providing support in the bioinformatic interpretation of metabolomics/lipidomics data
- Maintenance of the facility’s computer equipment
- Diploma, master or doctorate degree (PhD) in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or closely related area
- 1-3 years of working experience with analytics of mass spectrometry-based data
- Strong experience with various statistical methods
- Solid knowledge in programming languages (e.g. R, Python, C++, Perl)
- Proactive and service-oriented team player with excellent communication and writing skills
Your salary will be based on TV-L.
Applications from female candidates are welcome; suitably qualified women will be given preferential consideration unless other applicants clearly demonstrate superior qualifications.
We also welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will also be given preferential consideration over other applicants with comparable qualifications.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Please address telephone enquiries to Dr. Susanne Brodesser at +49 221 478-84015.
Further information is available on the internet at http://www.cecad.uni-koeln.de/research/core-facilities/lipidomics-facility/