Coriell Institute for Medical Research is currently seeking an experienced scientist to join the Biobanking team. The ideal candidate for this role is a PhD (Genetics, Genomics, or Bioinformatics) with postdoctoral experience and experience in project and resource management. We are primarily interested in meeting potential candidates with proven ability to effectively collaborate with scientists and other department leads to oversee repository operations, biospecimen management and associated data management. In addition, s/he will work to cultivate long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and ensure effective and regular communication with all stakeholders. This role also offers opportunities to publish and present to the wider scientific community, if desired.
Under the direction of the Chief Biobanking Officer, the incumbent for this role will be responsible for partnering with other members of Coriell’s Biobanking team to oversee and sustain the efficiency and productivity of daily repository operations. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• supporting contract and grant-related requirements
• supporting submission recruitment and outreach activities
• supporting internal and external reporting requirements
• serving as a technical expert providing scientific advice and leadership as needed
• actively participating in Coriell strategic initiatives and task forces
• contributing to external funding opportunity applications
• adhering to internal standards, policies and procedures
• performing other duties as assigned
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include a detailed description of your relevant experience in your cover letter. Applicants are encouraged to highlight their background with non-profit, medical, healthcare, academic, and/or scientific research organization(s).
Now in its 60th year, Coriell Institute for Medical Research is an independent non-profit research center dedicated to the study of the human genome. Expert staff and pioneering programs in the fields of molecular and cellular biology, genetics, genomics and epigenomics, and biobanking drive our mission. To learn more, visit www.coriell.org. Coriell is an equal opportunity employer.