Reporting to Competitive Research Funds (CRF) manager, the Award Specialist serves as a member of the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) team of professionals who are responsible for administering the end-to-end grant life cycle of CRF funding programs and awards.
• Participate in the design, implementation and launch of CRF funding programs from Calls for Proposals to peer-review process (ad hoc mail reviews and review panel);
• Participate in the peer-review-process, including identification of reviewers;
• Compile and analyze data, reviews and recommendations for reports and presentations;
• Conduct award monitoring activities on behalf of KAUST for CRF-awarded projects from annual progress reports to award close-out while ensuring compliance with awards’ terms & conditions and KAUST policies & procedures;
• Serve as CRF first point of contact on day-to-day core business matters. Field awardees’ inquiries. In collaboration with Research Services post-award team review and determine merit of incoming requests regarding award management. Prepare appropriate response in consultation with CRF management;
• Provide organizational and technical support to CRF manager, such as award-related report preparation and program impact analysis;
• In consultation with management work to ensure audit readiness of program records;
• Assist with evaluation of current unit work methods and standard operating procedures. Contribute to the continuous improvement, development and administration of policies, procedures, guidelines and application forms as well as internal protocols and templates to streamline and standardize core business functions. Pro-actively provide solutions for increased process efficiency and improved resources and team members job satisfaction.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Excellent attention to details and strong organizational skills;
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, balancing competing priorities;
• Ability to complete tasks or requests in a timely fashion;
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision;
• Critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to apply data and information to make sound recommendations;
• Possess familiarity with peer-review process management;
• Interest in developing new skills and accepting of accountability;
• Comfortable in working in an agile environment.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in subject field(s) relevant to KAUST research activities portfolio and three to seven years of professional experience in a relevant position. Science graduate degree preferred.
• Excellent English verbal, presentation and written communication skills
• Excellent Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Ability to consistently deliver high quality work with attention to details and in a proper timeframe.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team structure and with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a multicultural professional environment
• MSc. or Ph.D. in scientific field; engineering, computer or mathematical fields preferred;
• Experience working in research administration;
• Experience in scientific research;
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1700316