“I want to fit in and stand out”
Nestlé Research (EPFL Campus),Permanent contract
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
As an Associate Specialist / Specialist in Chemoinformatic, you will develop bio and chemoinformatic tools for Nestlé Research collection for screening.
- Use in-house molecular networking tools for the dereplication of natural compounds in fractions and extracts
- Manage the meta- data of our natural product database for high-throughput screening
- Create subsets of screening collections to maximize output of discovery projects
- Implement tools for the chemical classification and visualization of pure compounds from the NBS library
- Be responsible for the selection and the acquisition of new molecules in the food space
- Be responsible of QSAR models, homology model building, pharmacophore modelling and docking
- PhD level in chemo- or bio-informatics
- At least 3 – 7 years of experience in handling natural compounds and solid knowledge of natural product chemistry
- Proven experience with in silico tools for the selection of potential bioactives
- Mastering of natural product dereplication
- Ability to use a variety of programming tools and environments (Oracle, Python, C, C++, Perl, UNIX/LINUX, MATLAB, R; SQL, JS, Bash…)
- Fluent in English
Show us your high sense of organization and leadership to coordinate teams. Your strong oral and written communication skills, is what will set you apart. If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you! Apply in English at https://jobs.nestle.com/en/home
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.