Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
As an Associate Specialist Immunology you will explore the impact of host-microbe interactions on immune maturation and maintaining immune resilience. You will guide projects through research design, conducting experiments and analysis of data to deliver scientific evidence for nutritional concepts that support immune maturation and resilience. The ideal candidate is a recent PhD graduate in immunology or a related field, with demonstrable expertise in mammalian cell culture (in vitro and ex vivo) as well as cellular immunologic techniques including flow cytometry. Proficiency in the evaluation of microbiome composition and function are highly desired.
- Execute highly collaborative research projects to identify nutritional interventions leveraging microbiome composition and function to support immune maturation and resilience
- Integrate scientific knowledge with business, intellectual property and regulatory constraints to deliver results that are relevant to product innovation
- Contribute to scientific communications, patents, and peer-reviewed publications
- Recent PhD graduate in immunology or a related field
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture and multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Highly motivated and independent, with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Expertise in method development and implementation related to cellular and molecular techniques
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit and open mindset
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), any other language a plus
Show us that you are rigorous and organized. Your open and flexible mindset is what will set you among the other candidates. If you are a strong team player interested in joining a very international scientific environment and if you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English on www.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com